This yummy cookie recipe is courtesy of my Grandma Boo-Boo! They are perfect for Valentine's Day, or any other day that ends in Y! Enjoy!
Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cubes of butter
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix into cream mixture.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and slowly add into mixture.
- Flour countertop and roll dough into a ball.
- Use rolling pin to roll out dough and use your favorite cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cookies to cool and then frost with your favorite icing.