The Hall is a food and drink venue in the Mid Market neighborhood of San Francisco. It opened its doors in 2014 in what was once a billiards hall and has grown in popularity thanks to its half dozen independent local food vendors, open and centralized seating and great bar scene with a lively happy hour that serves small production California beer and wine.
The mission of The Hall was to use food to "build culture and community in the heart" of San Francisco. It's 4,000 square foot space also serves as a space for events of us to 150 people. They specialize in private culinary events built around sit-down dinners, drinks and canapés, hands-on culinary classes, wine tasting/education—just about anything related to eating and drinking. The Hall is an ideal place to hold a corporate event, small gathering or to celebrate something monumental, like a wedding.
The Hall's six food vendors are culturally diverse and focus on fresh, local flavors.
- BackEast Sandwich Shop serves East Coast-style deli sandwiches with a West Coast Flair.
- Chez Bobo's menu is all about healthy gourmet Vietnamese street food.
- Spice Affairs is all about authentic Indian fusion street food.
- El Pipila serves traditional Guanajuatan food including their signature dishes of sopas and pozole verde.
- Graze Seasonal Salad Bar is a 'custom salad experience' using the freshest seasonal ingredients.
- The War Horse Bar serves locally sourced beer and wine and has a frequently changing menu to keep things current and exciting.
The Hall's location has always been temporary and it will be shutting down in September to make way for a new mixed use development. The hope is for The Hall, or something similar, to reopen in a different location in the city.
In the meantime, if you haven't already visited this culinary destination at 1028 Market Street, you have five more months to do so. A great place to grab lunch or dinner, or meet friends for happy hour and enjoy live music every Tuesday evening.
1028 Market Street (between 6th and 7th)