Farmer's markets are known for their abundance of fresh, organic produce as well as other artisan foods such as cheese, fresh baked goods, meats and seafood, prepared foods as well as fresh flowers, arts & crafts booths and more. Marin County has a number of year-round farmer's markets but many of them take a hiatus in fall and reopen once again when spring has sprung.
Year-Round Marin County Farmer's Markets
- Civic Center Farmers' Market in San Rafael takes place every Thursday and Sunday morning from 8 am–1 pm. They have lots of organically grown produce, breads, eggs, and fresh cut flowers. The Thursday farmer's market is located next the Civic Center duck pond and the Sunday one is located in the Civic Center parking lot.
- Corte Madera Farmers' Market takes place every Wednesday from noon–5 pm. This farmers' market is located at the Corte Madera Town Center off Highway 101.
- Fairfax Community Farmers' Market: Sundays, 10 am–2 pm in the Fairfax Library parking lot, 2097 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard.
- Marin Country Mart Farmers Market: Every Saturday from 9 am–2 pm, rain or shine. Pony rides for kids from 10 am–2 pm, live family entertainment, and more. At Sir Francis Drake Blvd and Larkspur Landing Circle.
- Mill Valley Farmers' Market takes place year-round on Fridays from 9:30 am–2:30 pm at the CVS Pharmacy parking lot next to the Alto Shopping Center, off of Blithedale and Lomita in Mill Valley.
Seasonal Farmer's Markets In & Around Marin County
- Novato’s Farmers' Market: May 2–September 26 from 4–8 pm every Tuesday evening, located on Grant Avenue between 1st St. and 4th Street.
- Downtown San Rafael Farmers' Market: April 6–September 28, Thursday evenings from 6–9 pm, rain or shine.
- Tam Valley Farmer's Market: Tuesdays, June 21–Thanksgiving, from 3–7 pm at Tamalpais Community Center, 203 Marin Avenue.
- Valley of the Moon Certified Sonoma Farmers' Market: May 2–September 26, at 5:30 pm–dusk every Tuesday evening at the Sonoma Plaza, 2 East Napa Street, Sonoma.
- Point Reyes Station Farmers’ Market: Saturdays, late June–early November from 9 am–1 pm at Toby’s Feed Barn in Point Reyes Station.
- Tiburon Farmers Market: Thursdays, late June–October from 3–7 pm at Main Street in Downtown Tiburon.
Each of these delightful outdoor markets is yet one more thing that makes Marin County a unique and special place to live.
If you are interesting in learning more about living in Marin, contact The Costa Group.
Article excerpt from Marin Mommies.