Yelp has become a go-to for many seeking reviews and recommendations on pretty much everything. For many, it is where they go to find out the best places to eat, whether its a small mom & pop deli or a fine French bistro.
Recently, Yelp compiled a list of their top 25 places to eat in the Bay Area and quite a few in San Francisco made the list (try 12 in total with 8 making the top 10). The next time you want to try a new cafe, coffee shop or Michelin rated restaurant in the city, here are the ones that get top marks.
#16 Stone's Throw
1896 Hyde Street
"California/American restaurant highlighting the simple things in life: great food, undying hospitality, and a fun, carefree environment."
#13 Seven Hills
- 1550 Hyde Street; Reservations for 4+
"Creative farm-to-table Italian-inspired cuisine at an intimate Nob Hill trattoria."
- 2847 Mission Street
- "A small gem" in the Mission that puts an "elegant" spin on Guam's 'traditional chamorro' cuisine."
- 3115 22nd Street
"Mexican restaurant for inventive tasting menus & small-batch wines served in a cozy, luxe interior."
#9 Kokkari Estiatorio
- 220 Jackson Street
- "Taverna-inspired cuisine served in a candlelit, wood-beamed dining room that lures a chic crowd."
#8 Lardoise Bistro
- 151 Noe Street
- "French bistro fare & a varied wine list star in a cozy, colorful space."
#7 Liholiho Yacht Club
- 871 Sutter Street
- "Buzzy, casual eatery for Hawaiian, Indian & Chinese dishes in a brick-walled space with booths."
#5 Gary Danko
- 800 North Point Street (@ Hyde Street); by reservation only
- "An award-winning combination of classic French cooking, thoughtful and inventive use of local ingredients, and personable yet impeccable service."
- 584 Washington Street; by reservation only
- "This high-end sushi spot offers a light-soaked, Zen-like space for sushi, sake, wine & beer."
#3 Casa Flores
- 1808 California Street; by invitation only
- "Each curated course is served around a communal table, creating a dinner party ambience that is at once friendly and sophisticated."
#2 The Bimini Twist
- Arch Street, Pre-purchased tickets only
- "An undiscovered chef & exclusive location offering amazing food in a communal, social environment."
- 687 Minna St, San Francisco, By reservation only.
- Serving "Japanese seafood with California roots"