On the tenth day of Christmas, The Costa Group shares with thee: 10 ways to live your best life in 2018.
Make 2018 the best year ever! Need some help figuring out how? We’re here to help.
- Book that trip! Did you know that the anticipation of a trip you plan in advance creates more happiness than the trip itself?
- Write a bucket list, and get to work on it. Life is short - live it! Set a goal to do one thing per quarter (or one thing per month) off of your bucket list.
- Support local businesses. Make a list of local restaurants and experiences you wish to try, and do one every month or every other week
- Take care of yourself. Make a menu of the things that make you happy and nourish you most, and order off of it. Every. Single. Day! Go to the farmer’s market, go for a walk, have coffee with a friend, get fresh flowers, etc. Whatever makes you happy!
- Get together! Spend time with those you love most and make firm plans to do it, so that it never slips through the cracks.
- Take a risk. Go skydiving. Learn to salsa dance. Turn your side hustle into your full-time gig. Take an art class. Perform at open mic night. Get out of your comfort zone and do something new!
- Volunteer in your community. Giving back to those who need it most is one of the best ways to feel better about yourself. Plus, you’re helping others, so it’s a win-win!
- Come out of your shell. Spend less time checking your social media feeds and messages, and more time getting out into the world making connections. Make new friends!
- Put more good into the world. Hold the door for someone, pay it forward at Starbucks, or simply smile at a stranger. Performing random acts of kindness can be such a positive force for good. It’s also contagious!
- Take time to reflect. Spend 5 minutes (or more if you can) each day thinking about or writing down the events, feelings, and thoughts of the day. Focus on the good, and try to find ways to replicate those positive things moving forward.