This Vegetarian Chickpea Filling from AllRecipes.com is so incredibly delicious! My favorite way to serve it is in a lettuce wrap with a little bit of green peppers and carrots mixed in. You can also use it as spread on pita bread, tortillas or your favorite bread, or even as a dip for tortilla chips.
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise (to taste), lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.