Marin County is a culinary delight and a favorite destination for foodies from both near and far. There is an abundance of tours, wine tastings, cooking classes and travel packages serving up all the culinary delights Marin has to offer.
Founder of Gourmet Food & Wine Tours, Renée ReBell says, “Marin is the pinnacle of where farm-to-table and sea-to-table meet.” ReBell sites Marin's local dairy scene and biodynamic farming as key ingredients in the county’s "culinary, environmental and innovative edge."
Some of the region's top names are found as hot spots on local travel and experience websites. Cowgirl Creamery, Point Reyes' Table Top Farm, Hog Island Oyster Company. Tomales Bay. Marin French Cheese Company. Bovine Bakery.
Whether you're looking for a group or private experience, one that features Marin's top restaurants, a taste of the region's local farms or a hands-on opportunity to create a meal with locally produced foods, there is a culinary experience to fit every taste.
Are you a cheese lover? Or are fresh oysters your thing? How about baked goods, organic produce or grass-fed meats? Pick and choose your personal experience with a culinary tour of the region's best.
Top Marin Food Tour Companies
- Gourmet Food & Wine Tours-Tours specializing in equal parts wine and food.
- Taste Marin-Private, guided trips of country's eateries and wineries ideal for city dwellers looking for an escape
- West Marin Food & Farm Tours-An inclusive tour featuring West Marin's diverse culinary offerings
Top Cooking Classes
- Cooking By The Bay-Focus on fresh local ingredient and vibrant California dishes
- Cavallo Point Cooking School-Day and evening classes for amateurs and aficionados
- Cozymeal-An abundance of classes and foodie experiences that focus on Marin's 'healthy and ultra-California appeal"
A unique area just north of the Golden gate bridge, Marin County's preservation of community, nature and sustainability as well as it's artisan, organic flair make it an ideal culinary getaway.
Article excerpt from PacificSun.com